I'm on Twitter

Roosty6 @B110

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Multiple Crashes

This laptop has been ailing off and on all week it seems. Crash dumps every day and sometimes several times. Startup repair can't seem to fix itself so I usually end up going to system restore to an earlier date. Seems to work until today when even that would not work. Tried the mirror image (I think thats what they called it) and it reset the whole thing back to some date in 2015 which seemed to get things back to more or less normal.
The down side of that is any video or photo I had saved since that date in 2015 is now gone, or at least not visible on the laptop. Many of the videos were already on youtube but I know I had a few new edited versions ready to upload that are now gone. Some I can retrieve from the camera cards but I know some are gone. I can't remember for sure what they were but maybe its best I don't.
Our above normal temperatures have lasted all week so I've been taking advantage of getting in some good flying time. Not much worry about air traffic here unless it has feathers. I took a few shots of the thriving metropolis of Lipton yesterday about sunset.
 Got a load of oats put through the hammer mill for cattle feed giving the old Cockshutt 50 it's regular exercise. After that I removed the pto for what I thought was a simple clutch adjustment but turned out to be more serious. Going to need some expensive parts. That dis assembly operation was one of the lost videos come to think of it. Oh well, guess I get a chance to do it over again.
Drone photo here from earlier this week reminded of my dad's old saying of "fog in the hollow means a fine day to follow". It was true.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I've read that there are bugs purposely built into our computers that eventually force us to buy new ones. I don't know if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's tough about the computer and loss of photos. A tech might be able to locate those on the hard drive. The flying photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems it is to be expected that a computer will eventually crash and lose something we want to keep. Its a reminder to always back up, copy, etc. anything of real value.

    ReplyDelete